Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Time

Time has become a preoccupation for many of us, we are surrounded by clocks and watches of all sorts, and we use time to schedule practically everything.  It is a "yardstick" by which we measure our world.  But there is one element of time we pay little attention to, and that element is the "moment".  While one may be able to relate to me their schedule of time on a daily basis, such as what time they wake-up, what time they have meals, when they have to be at work, when a particular television program is aired, when they go to sleep, few can find the answer when I ask the question, "What are you doing at this particular moment?", because they have no real understanding of the concept of a "moment" in time.

Mastering the "moment" creates a mastership of Time itself, replacing the preoccupation one has with it.  If one is true to each moment in his life, a flow is created that is never ending.  Their is no regret, or guilt, over events of the past, and there is never fear of what may occur in the future, because the proper attention was given at that time or will be given when necessary.

Every experience I have in life is an element of the total me.  If I invest myself completely and truly in each experience, sorrow or fear can have no meaning for me.  I am not sorry for what I did yesterday, and have no fear of what tomorrow will bring my way.

Living in the moment eliminates guilt and fear.  Who doesn't have time for that?

No comments:

Post a Comment